Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My writing...

has tried to become stagnant like a smelly pool of infested water, so I'm trying to revive myself and recreate my first novel. Since I haven't been able to get it published in the shape it's in, I'm going all out with this editing.

I've already mentioned I am using Holly Lisle's How to Revise Your Novel course. To top off this, I have several of her mini courses dealing with plotting, characters, conflict, all kinds of story parts. So last night, late, I began working on her mini plot course and decided to pretend I never wrote the first book yet. Otherwise I'm using my characters from the first novel and a couple of other aspects to begin the plot creation. I want to keep the story I've written and the characters, but I want to find a better way of telling the story. A way that will interest others enough to buy my book when it is published.

So I've finished the mini plot courses and will open the larger Create a Plot course.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment