Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's happening now

I took a break from my writing so that when I return to it to begin the umpteenth draft, the story will be fresh and I'll be able to concentrate on it.

To take a break from anything, it's a good idea to do something unrelated to the work you are taking a break from. So I pulled out my quilt I've been trying to complete for the last four years and began on it again. I'm more than halfway finished, but after doing the stitching that holds both top and bottom together with the batting sandwiched inside, I still have to trim the edges and hem them. But it won't be long. Hopefully, I'll be finished in a couple of weeks. This is a job I can't do for great lengths of time, so the steady work of a couple of hours now and then will have to do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment