Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Laziness hurts

I'd been writing for at least 3 days and was kind of proud of myself for being so busy with it, when things fell apart again. The weekend showed up so I put writing on hold for a break. Before I could return to it, my husband died and of course that threw everything off for a couple of weeks. He died June 20, 2012 and I am just now beginning to work on my writing again.

The strangest thing about rewriting the ms is: one day I'll pick it up and work for several days straight on it. I'll love the story and love working on it. Then today I open the file to work on it, and find I couldn't stand to look at it. Needless to say, I closed the file and will try again tomorrow. I cannot work on the story when I can't stand to read it because I start changing everything that makes me frown. Change one thing and it seems the entire story changes. So I closed the file without trying.

This has been one of those days that I have to ask myself, "Will I ever finish this book?"

No comments:

Post a Comment